6 proven benefits to document your pre-arrangements before heading south for the winter.
One of the most valuable gifts funeral professionals have to offer families is the ability to facilitate important conversations about final wishes. Planning a funeral – whether it occurs in advance or at the time of need – is a deeply personal experience. More than half of the services we coordinate at O’Connell’s are pre-arranged to various degrees.
Many will record their wishes prior to heading south during the winter, whether for a week or all winter. The process is very simple. It includes a cup of coffee, some light-hearted conversation, and recording your wishes. It will take as little or as long as YOU want. Here are some of the proven benefits that pre-arranging offers:
- Individuals who prearrange can make their own decisions about funeral/cremation arrangements.
- Advance funeral planning can help prevent conflict between family members.
- Prearranging can help relieve loved ones’ financial burdens.
- Planning ahead can provide peace of mind that one’s wishes will be carried out.
- When advance funeral plans are in place, families are spared from making memorialization decisions during an emotionally difficult time.
- When advance funeral plans include pre-funding, it relieves families the burden of having to PAY themselves for your funeral services.
Make the phone call today to speak to one of our pre-arranging specialists. You will be relieved you did and comforted to know the process is very simple!
Written by Mike O’Connell